• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Control access to network resources with ISA Server 2004

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> Control access to network resources with ISA Server 2004 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Control access to network resources with ISA Server 2004 - 9.Jun.2005 3:21:00 PM   
dtolo

Hello,

I have ISA Server 2004 on win2k3 sp1.
I set up vpn with both ppp and ipsec.
I wanted to do just ipsec but it was "flaky" and Microsoft says that they don't support it. (a topic for another post)

When I connect via vpn to the network, I notice that the domain does not show up in network neighborhood. If I used unc in windows explorer I found that after a lot of trial and error that I could connect to a servers resources by appendeing the full domain name to the server.

so instead of \\server I have to put \\server.domain.com to get the resources. It makes it cumbersome browseing the intranet via web browsers. instead of typing http://intranet I have to type http://intranet.domain.com

Why is this the case?
Post #: 1
RE: Control access to network resources with ISA Server... - 9.Jun.2005 10:59:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi D,

L2TP/IPSec is IPsec, just more secure than the kludged up protocols that ever other vendor users. There's a reason why MS uses L2TP/IPSec and that's because its MUCH MORE secure.

You can use single label names, but you have to make sure the primary domain name of the VPN client computer is set to correctly qualify the unqualified requests. Or, configure the VPN clients to use a WINS server.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to dtolo)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> Control access to network resources with ISA Server 2004 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts