• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

access my XP Pro that is behind an ISA 2004

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> access my XP Pro that is behind an ISA 2004 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
access my XP Pro that is behind an ISA 2004 - 18.Jul.2005 11:43:00 AM   
joefromjersey200

I posted a message last month about this and I really need some help (what I got last month was a one line response).
Here is my problem, I have an XP Pro workstation connected to ISA 2004 via the Firewall client.
I would like to access that XP workstation from my home. What exactly do I need to do to make this happen? What are the steps? I already use Remote Desktop on my work network.
The frustation here is that I can't seem to get an answer on what specifically I need to do.
Post #: 1
RE: access my XP Pro that is behind an ISA 2004 - 18.Jul.2005 4:26:00 PM   
Number51

New Server Publishing Rule
- give her a name
- enter the destination IP
- select the RDP protocol
- click the [Ports...] button. "Publish on this port instead of the default port: 2469
- listen for requests from "external"

Port 2469 is for example purposes only. Now from home, remote desktop to your ip through the new port using a colon and the port number

eg. Server: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2469

Presto! RDP from your home pc over port 2469, hits the ISA server, which is listening on 2469 and forwards the traffic to your destination computer on standard RDP port 3389.

(in reply to joefromjersey200)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> access my XP Pro that is behind an ISA 2004 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts