• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

remote vpn client and local shared/ip printers

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> remote vpn client and local shared/ip printers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
remote vpn client and local shared/ip printers - 13.Aug.2005 2:20:00 PM   
wwolfeii

We have a remote office with users that are on a peer-to-peer XP network and SDSL internet with local shared printers (UNC and IP).

We want to allow them to print to their local printers (UNC or IP) while being connected to the corporate network via the ISA 2004 VPN which allows them secured access to an application server on the corporate LAN which will generate the reports they need to print.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: remote vpn client and local shared/ip printers - 15.Aug.2005 8:10:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi W,

What part isn't working? VPN clients that have permissions to use the appropriate protocols should work fine.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to wwolfeii)
Post #: 2
RE: remote vpn client and local shared/ip printers - 21.Aug.2005 8:48:00 PM   
wwolfeii

Problem turned out to be that the ISP who set up the remote office, made the DHCP address block 192.168.100.x.

This is the same as the corporate office, hence the remote-LAN and Corporate-Internal networks were the same. Once we changed the remote-LAN network to 192.168.101.x all worked great. We were using a VPN static block of 192.168.22.x. Access to corporate servers and access to IP and UNC based devices on the remote-LAN were then working as expected.

Thanks for the help.

(in reply to wwolfeii)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> remote vpn client and local shared/ip printers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts