• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Sonicwall to Sonicwall behind ISA server: cannot connect to remote resources

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> Sonicwall to Sonicwall behind ISA server: cannot connect to remote resources Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sonicwall to Sonicwall behind ISA server: cannot connec... - 7.Oct.2005 4:12:00 PM   
Hi,

I have 2 locations connected by a Sonicwall at each end.
I have 2 separate ISPs coming into this building and have set up the ISA server on the second ISP.

Local network/ISP #1 is:

192.168.0.xxx/24 - .001 is the sonicwall/gateway

Remote network is:

192.168.1.xxx/24

VPN tunnel between them and I can access resources in both directions

Win2k server w/ISA 2004 connected to ISP#2

2 NICs
internal:

192.168.0.10/24 - no gateway

External

123.456.789.25/28 - .17 is the gateway

I cannot access the remote site from the ISA server. Route add fails. Remote clients can't ping the ISA
server unless I add a 192.168.0.1 gateway to the internal NIC. Doing that creates a proxy chain loop.

The computers with the ISA client can access the remote resources if they disable the Firewall client.

I need to somehow be able to direct traffic to/from the remote location from the ISA clients/server
through the Sonicwall.

Thanks in advance.
  Post #: 1
RE: Sonicwall to Sonicwall behind ISA server: cannot co... - 8.Oct.2005 4:03:00 AM   
Andy2Long

See my post here if you are trying to create a ISA site to site SonicWall VPN connection:

http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000911#000004

Andy

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Sonicwall to Sonicwall behind ISA server: cannot co... - 10.Oct.2005 6:45:00 PM   
Thanks for the reply Andy. I had read that article previously but can't use it here without upgrading to new firewalls. We are running 2 Sonicwall Pro 200's using firmware 6.6.0.6, Win2k server with ISA 2004 sp1

Here is a picture of my issue:

Sonicwall behind ISA server problem

Is there any way to get the ISA server to recognize a route through the Sonicwall?

Or...

Is there a better way to do this scenario with what I have available to me now? (I'd prefer not to invest in another ISA server in the remote location or trading up the Sonicwalls)

Thanks again in advance

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3
RE: Sonicwall to Sonicwall behind ISA server: cannot co... - 11.Oct.2005 8:03:00 PM   
Ok, I figured it out...stop being so complex and revert to basics

Add Network range to Internal network

Add persistent route from a cmd prompt

rebooted

everything worked from both sides...

the clouds parted and there was sunshine!

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> Sonicwall to Sonicwall behind ISA server: cannot connect to remote resources Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts