• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Firewall/DHCP

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Firewall/DHCP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firewall/DHCP - 27.Aug.2001 9:54:00 PM   
jrepac

Last month Falkor posted a problem under this same title that described DHCP client requests filling the packet filter log. I am seeing what appears to be the same thing.

My configuration consists of three adapter cards. All three have static IP addresses with two assigned to private subnets (192.168.125.1/192.168.126.1) and the remaining one on the external interface(192.168.1.3). My DHCP server is bound to the internal interfaces and not to the external. My external interface is connected to a Linksys router that is connected to a cable modem.

My filter log is filled with DHCP client requests from 192.168.125.1. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

-Joe

Post #: 1
RE: Firewall/DHCP - 28.Aug.2001 2:16:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Joe,

Those are the joys of putting the DHCP server on the ISA Server. The message is "get DHCP off of me!"

Put the DHCP server on a computer on the internal network and you will have joy.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to jrepac)
Post #: 2
RE: Firewall/DHCP - 28.Aug.2001 3:30:00 PM   
jrepac

Tom,
Grumble! You would think that if Microsoft would supply this as a complete package (Small Office Server)it would all work on the same machine. Oh well, thanks any way.

By the way, the Learning Zone article on DNS I found to be quite useful. The note on the registry entry helped me clean up several warnings in my event log that occurred during startup (netlogon, W32time).

Thanks,

Joe

(in reply to jrepac)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Firewall/DHCP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message