• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Internet access on ISA server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Internet access on ISA server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Internet access on ISA server - 28.Aug.2001 1:23:00 PM   
bayowin

My ISA server will not get on the internet without configuring the proxy setting in the browser to use a proxy. I am using smartfilter web content filtering and it needs to be able to ftp to their site to automatically get the updates (which it is not doing). What do I need to do to get the ISA server to access the internet directly. This box is setup as a firewall, cache server, and VPN server. I don't know if one or combination of these things is preventing it from getting to the internet directly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Internet access on ISA server - 28.Aug.2001 2:37:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi bayowin,

Create packet filters for outbound 21 and inbound from 20 if you need the ISA Server to connect to external FTP sites via Standard FTP mode.

HTH<
Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to bayowin)
Post #: 2
RE: Internet access on ISA server - 28.Aug.2001 3:44:00 PM   
bayowin

Created the ftp packet filters and it is still not working. I would also like the browser to be able to access the net without having to use the proxy. I tried creating a packet filter for port 80 and that didn't work either.

(in reply to bayowin)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Internet access on ISA server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts