• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Howto Stop logging Broadcast Netbios

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Howto Stop logging Broadcast Netbios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Howto Stop logging Broadcast Netbios - 12.Nov.2001 9:08:00 AM   
Nuddelaug

Hi everyone ...

i think i miss something to solve my problem.
i have troubles with the VPN Interface for Dialin Users at the ISA Server. The Interface always get存 blocked at NETBIOS Broadcast. It doesn宇 confuse the normal Netbios traffic it justs spams my Log存. Here存 what i did already.

Added a static Filter for (predefined) NETBIOS ALL, external Interface VPN IP Address, Remote Interface any.
i also tryed NETBIOS ALL, ext. Interface VPN IP NETBIOS ALL, Remote 255.255.255.255
and i also tryed custom udp 137 external Int. VPN IP, Remote any/255.255.255.255.

But it doesn宇 stop logging the Netbios Broadcast was blocked on the Interface.

Did anyone had same problems before ?
thanks for any suggestions.

Greetz Nuddi

Post #: 1
RE: Howto Stop logging Broadcast Netbios - 12.Nov.2001 10:44:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Nuddi,

You and I have the same problem. I just noticed this the other day. I've set up VPNs before and never noticed this problem. I've mucked around in the RRAS console to see if I can configure the NetBIOS settings for this interface. But there's nothing there that allows for this sort of configuration. I guess the next step is to look around in the Registry for something helpful.

Greetz Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to Nuddelaug)
Post #: 2
RE: Howto Stop logging Broadcast Netbios - 13.Nov.2001 12:28:00 PM   
Nuddelaug

Hi Tom,

thanks for answering but i don宇 think it存 a RRAS problem.
It存 pretty normal to Broadcast Netbios over the VPN Connection. Not normal is that even if static allow Filters added to ISA the Blocking of Netbios Broadcast occures.

I don宇 occure the Problem using IPTABLES from Unix on a System Broadcasting Netbios from one to another Network.

As far as i宅e seen till now is manages the VPN interface as External Interface so static Filters would be okay to get rid of the problem.

My second opinion is that broadcasting one Subnet into another Subnet on the Same range get存 this Error up.

I奸l setup new ip Range for VPN Dialin in the next days and see if the problem persits.

Greetz Nuddi

(in reply to Nuddelaug)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Howto Stop logging Broadcast Netbios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts