• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

download audible books and SimplyPostage

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> download audible books and SimplyPostage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
download audible books and SimplyPostage - 21.Nov.2001 4:25:00 PM   
jenifern

I have asked this question before but no answers came forth. I would like to ask again.

I have ISA running since June. I have LANGuard also. All is well. All users have Firewall Client installed. We have tow problems and I think they are related.

1). Connect to audible.com with the browser to download audible books to our PDA's. We can do everyting BUT download the books. Audible responds with a message about the Proxy server needing our name and password. Of course, if we enter our network name and password it does not work.
If I configure a machine to have a public IP, disable Firewall client/ NAT and go out directly with no ISA we can successfully download books from this site.

2.)We have a postage meter from Simply Postage. We cannot purchase postage unless I configure the machine with a public IP and bypass ISA.

Please advise me on this if anyone can. How can I open ports or create packet filters to allow download from these sites?

Thank you in advance!

Post #: 1
RE: download audible books and SimplyPostage - 22.Nov.2001 6:50:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jenifer,

Configure the clients as SecureNAT or Firewall clients, and then configure the HTTP Redirector to forward requests directly to the Web server.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to jenifern)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> download audible books and SimplyPostage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts