• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Refresh failed You do not have sufficient rights to view

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Refresh failed You do not have sufficient rights to view Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Refresh failed You do not have sufficient rights to view - 16.Aug.2002 8:09:00 PM   
tool7272

What does this error mean? I have installed and reinstalled ISA many times for learning purposes and I have configured successful firewalls in the past, never before have I seen this message. There are no accounts on my machine that do not have full admin rights to everything on my domain. The ISA server is a member server attached to an AD DC. Basically ISA works but I cannot view the events so I have no idea if I am getting port scans, DNS attacks and the like. This is very annoying and I am tired of messing with it. Does anyone know what I did wrong? I must have had my head up my you know what.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Refresh failed You do not have sufficient rights to... - 26.Nov.2004 10:13:00 AM   
petri.ala-annala@fiasco.f

Hi,
I did have the same monitoring > alerts > refresh failed error, and just today I found a nice fix that worked with my servers:

I figured out that this problem is due to dcom configuration and authentication level:
Run dcomcnfg.exe > applications tab > FPC class (1) and (2), properties, general tab > change authentication level from default to connection > alerts will work with local session as well as remote session. Im not sure if you can change this level back to default, but I think this is better workaround than reinstalling isaserver (that didnt work for me, had still the same error)

Let me know if this helps you! [Cool]

(in reply to tool7272)
Post #: 2
RE: Refresh failed You do not have sufficient rights to... - 17.Dec.2004 5:47:00 AM   
Bluerinse

Petri, I have exactly the same issue with ISA 2000 and it is driving me nuts [Mad] I thought great things when I saw your post and I immediately tried what you said. The only thing different and I suspect this is a typo, is that the option for authentication level in the DCOM config utility is *connect* rather than connected. However, it didn't work [Frown] I even re-booted the 2000 DC but to no avail, I still can't view alerts through the console. I am getting report generator errors in Event viewer too!

I have re-installed ISA a few times but the symptoms remain the same.

Can you offer more info, like how did you come to the conclusion it was a DCOM issue?

Or can anyone else please help me :-/

Cheers,

Pete

(in reply to tool7272)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Refresh failed You do not have sufficient rights to view Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts