• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

do my questions show up or am I on everyones ignore list

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> do my questions show up or am I on everyones ignore list Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
do my questions show up or am I on everyones ignore list - 20.Feb.2003 9:36:00 PM   
palindroem

How do I include clients and a BDC as part part of my internal network if they exist across a WAN on different private address range through a different NAT'd address.
Post #: 1
RE: do my questions show up or am I on everyones ignore... - 21.Feb.2003 1:01:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Droem,

VPN.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to palindroem)
Post #: 2
RE: do my questions show up or am I on everyones ignore... - 21.Feb.2003 9:31:00 PM   
jauer9

You may (also) need a proper LMHOSTS file on your remote clients, depending on their OS. See Microsoft 314108.

(in reply to palindroem)
Post #: 3
RE: do my questions show up or am I on everyones ignore... - 21.Feb.2003 9:59:00 PM   
ballca

I have the exact setup in my network. But I've got a question. Our branch offices are accessable through our internal network, so they don't go through ISA. Is your remote location considered an internal connection or is it a VPN like connection over the Internet. If it's internal, you can just add the NAT'd IP address range to your LAT table. Then the remote office uses the NAT ip address of ISA. Also make sure that port is open if a firewall is in the way.

(in reply to palindroem)
Post #: 4
RE: do my questions show up or am I on everyones ignore... - 24.Feb.2003 3:22:00 PM   
palindroem

Tom, I would love to do a VPN, unfortunately our WAN providers block the GRE protocol across the WAN.
This remote site has a domain WINS server with the appropriate static mappings. It works with an RRAS server performing NAT. Just not when the ISA server is in place with Packet Filtering turned on.
This site is external to the ISA, but it part of the domain structure. I would like to be able to add its IP's to the LAT, but I don't think this would work. Would it?

(in reply to palindroem)
Post #: 5
RE: do my questions show up or am I on everyones ignore... - 24.Feb.2003 8:50:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Droem,

I guess I'm not clear on your configuration. If all the clients are BEHIND the ISA Server, then put them in the LAT. If they are not BEHIND the ISA Server, and can only be accessed via the ISA Server's external interface, then by definition, they cannot be on the LAT, because they are external, not internal, clients.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to palindroem)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> do my questions show up or am I on everyones ignore list Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts