Port Mapping/Blackberry Enterprise Server HELP! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General

besmerized -> Port Mapping/Blackberry Enterprise Server HELP! (27.May2004 12:24:00 AM)

I have been struggling with getting a BES to work with and ISA. The BES people told me that the app must be configured to use port 3101 and that the ISA server name must be put in the SRP host field. I've created a protocol definition for 3101 for bi-directional, I've created a packet filter to allow the BES to be routed via 3101, I've even created a routing rule. The support people at RIM all say it is a simple config and that they are not allowed to "comment" too much on proxy configuration. (my advice, avoid Blackberry like the plague if you can, there's a lot of drawbacks and their support really sucks) My question is: if the app must be configured to sendout through 3101, and the ISA listens on 8080, how can the ISA pass the BES traffic? If I put the proxy address and port 8080 in the blackberry config, how does the proxy know to send that traffic to the correct srp host through 3101? help, please!

DavidRa -> RE: Port Mapping/Blackberry Enterprise Server HELP! (27.May2004 12:13:00 PM)

I've not tried to do this ... but it sounds to me as if there are a couple of possibilities ...

* Allow the BES to be a SecureNAT client and/or a Firewall client

* Server publish the BES on port 3101

I suspect you might even need to do both ...

fogbank -> RE: Port Mapping/Blackberry Enterprise Server HELP! (28.May2004 1:00:00 AM)

I've done it successfully, and it should be pretty simple:

1. Create a Protocol Definition for Blackberry Enterprise Server, TCP, port 3101, Outbound.

2. Create a Client Address Set that includes your Blackberry server's IP address.

3. Create a Protocol Rule for Blackberry (Allow) that allows the Client Address Set from step #2 to use the Protocol Definition from step #1.

4. Configure your Blackberry server as a secure NAT client. Do not put the ISA server name in the SRP host field.

HTH

Page: [1]