• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Restricting Internet Access

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Restricting Internet Access Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Restricting Internet Access - 28.May2004 12:09:00 AM   
digitalvinyl

I'm trying to create a Site & Content Rule to restrict internet access to a destination set of approved sites. I have a Windows group I created named RestrictedInternetUsers. I have an allow rule that allows all Domain Users access to all destinations with the exception of the RestrictedInternetUsers group. The problem is now the email access doesn't work. We use a web host for email, not in house. The email access will work however when Any Requests is selected rather than specifying all the Domain Users group.

The other problem is my Site & Content rule for my restricted group. I have it set to deny access to all destinations except my approved site destination set. It restricts access, but asks for logon information when a restricted user tries to visit a site. The machine I'm testing it on is a firewall client, I thought the firewall client was supposed to take care of all the logon information?

Thanks,
Scott W.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Restricting Internet Access Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts