• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Allow anonymous access to certain websites

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Allow anonymous access to certain websites Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allow anonymous access to certain websites - 14.Sep.2004 10:11:00 PM   
jwilcox

I would like to require users to authenticate for all outgoing web requests except for those to certain websites that I specify. We are using ISA Server 2000. The reason I need to do this is because we have users that need to use a third party program by a company called digital curriculum that will schedule downloads of curriculum content at specified times. However, this download manager does not have an option to specify user credentials to supply to our ISA server, so the downloads fail.

I have tried creating a destination set including the site that this program is trying to download from and added that Destination set to a Site/Content rule that applies to any request. I have created a second Site/content rule that allows all traffic to all destinations that applies to <our domain>\Domain Users. The second rule should require user authentication to acces all other sites that I have not specified in the previous rule. But it is not working the way I expect it to.

Have I missed something here? I have a test server that I am testing ISA Server 2004 on and I have duplicated all of our Site and Protocol rules from our current production server and got the above scenario to work correctly, but I cannot seem to get it to work on ISA 2000.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jack
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> General >> Allow anonymous access to certain websites Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts