• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Connecting to configuration storage server.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Management >> Connecting to configuration storage server. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Connecting to configuration storage server. - 30.Oct.2005 1:19:00 PM   
jseyadi

Hi there,
It's been a while since I've setup my ISA 2004 Enterprise server for our network it's been working lovely ever since.

Two day's ago we had a problem with one of our AD's server by which the system administrator in our organization deleted my ADMIN account that I used to login to the ISA server and he created a new account for me!.

Now my problem is that whenever I try to start ISA managment server it doesn't start in the administration panels?, it starts by giving me a welcome page with an option to connect to the "Configuration Storage Server". when I try to connect using my current credential's it pops a "Permission error" message.

Any help will be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Connecting to configuration storage server. - 30.Oct.2005 3:55:00 PM   
ClintD

When you isntalled ISA, I assume you installed it with the now deleted account?

You'll need to login as the Administrator of the local box and run through the ISA Server delegation wizard to give you new account Full Adminitrator rights. Right click on the Array and select Administration Delegation.

Right now, your old account has ACLs to allow reading of the configuration information - your new account doesn't.

[ October 30, 2005, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: ClintD ]

(in reply to jseyadi)
Post #: 2
RE: Connecting to configuration storage server. - 31.Oct.2005 2:26:00 AM   
jseyadi

Even using the locale box Administrator account doesn't start the ISA management interface in the normal way!. I still can't see my array so that I can right click it and choose the administration delagation.

(in reply to jseyadi)
Post #: 3
RE: Connecting to configuration storage server. - 1.Nov.2005 12:35:00 AM   
ClintD

What account did you use for the CSS service account? Can you use that one?

(in reply to jseyadi)
Post #: 4
RE: Connecting to configuration storage server. - 1.Nov.2005 1:56:00 AM   
jseyadi

I used the same account that was deleted for the CSS service.

What confuses me is that the new Admin account created for me has the same user name as the old one plus the same admin privelages.

(in reply to jseyadi)
Post #: 5
RE: Connecting to configuration storage server. - 1.Nov.2005 8:33:00 AM   
ClintD

Good grief... this is why you create a Service Account and not use your admin account.

Come on bud - think about it. It's the same name, but it's a different SID. There are Access Control Entries that are applied to the configuration containers in the CSS that apply to the old SID. Since your new account has a different SID, it doesn't have access to the information.

You might have to reinstall the array - you should be able to do a repair install on the array nodes from Add/Remove Programs.

(in reply to jseyadi)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Management >> Connecting to configuration storage server. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts