Logging to SQL - base full (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting

Custler -> Logging to SQL - base full (26.Mar.2004 5:23:00 PM)

I am configure ISA to write logs to SQL server. Database file size is 2GB.
All working fine until free space in database comes to end. I receive the alert "Log failure" with Description:
================
The ISA Server Web filter failed to log information to ODBC Data Source ISA, Table: WebProxyLog, under User Name [ISAlogs]. The ODBC Error description is: [State=01004][Error=0][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Fractional truncation [State=37000][Error=1105][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not allocate space for object 'WebProxyLog' in database 'ISA Logs' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. . For more information about this event, see ISA Server Help.
==============
What I am misconfigure, or ISA cannot rotate SQL database?

duunoit -> RE: Logging to SQL - base full (29.Mar.2004 7:58:00 PM)

I moved mine to SQL also and was worried about the log size (the real problem is that whitespace is userd to fill up the entire field), so I just went back to text logging.

tshinder -> RE: Logging to SQL - base full (30.Mar.2004 10:16:00 AM)

Hi Chris,

I think I'll end up going back to text logging as well. There are no documented methods available right now to export the MSDE files to text, and having this ability is critical in a number of situations. At least, I'll use text files until I get around to figuring out how to use the DTS Wizard.

Thanks!
Tom

liuty2006 -> RE: Logging to SQL - base full (19.Aug.2004 9:55:00 AM)

try this one -- more professional!less memory need!
netfee for isa server
http://www.netfeesoftware.com

grinn253 -> RE: Logging to SQL - base full (26.Aug.2004 5:32:00 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
...There are no documented methods available right now to export the MSDE files to text, and having this ability is critical in a number of situations...

Hi there, from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/isa/2004/plan/faq-monitoring.mspx
Mentions:
Q. How can I export my MSDE files to text?
A. The script MSDEToText.vbs is available on the ISA Server CD.

Perhaps that may help?
Edgardo

tshinder -> RE: Logging to SQL - base full (28.Aug.2004 9:23:00 PM)

Hi Edgardo,

Thanks! There's only one problem. That file doesn't exist on the CD [Smile]

Tom

Page: [1]