• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with monitoring sessions on ISA 2004

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Problem with monitoring sessions on ISA 2004 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with monitoring sessions on ISA 2004 - 20.Sep.2004 12:13:00 PM   
Rahul_Rhythm

When I go to the dashboard view or the session view, no "[Confused]" are displayed even though there is usually about 100 clients using the firewall service. If I try and start a query I recieve the following error: "The query stopped because an error occured while it was running" The firewall service (under the services tab) shows the service as started, but it has a red x next to it with 4 question marks (x????). In other words, it does not know how long the service has been running. Rebooting does not help.

When I apply changes that I have made to the policy or configuration, I receive an error message: The changes were saved to storage but at least on service failed to load these changes.

There is nothing in the event log to indicate the problem with these errors. Any one have a clue?
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with monitoring sessions on ISA 2004 - 28.Sep.2004 10:39:00 AM   
Thebe14

Hello,

This also happens to me. The monitoring pages are almost all malfunctioning, even though the services seems to be running OK. In addition, attempt to change the firerwall configuration, the changes I make are not saved. Event log in clear, no errors or warnings.

Any help is greately appreciated.

Regards,
Levente

(in reply to Rahul_Rhythm)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with monitoring sessions on ISA 2004 - 16.Oct.2004 7:17:00 PM   
mdriest

I have the same issues after a clean load of Server 2003 with windows updates, and ISA 2004. When making 1 change for the first time I receive those same error messages.

Post #: 3
RE: Problem with monitoring sessions on ISA 2004 - 13.Nov.2004 7:49:00 PM   
I doubt this helps... but I get the same issue too. Brand new Win2k3 install w/ updates and new ISA 2004 install. And not multi processor.

Post #: 4
RE: Problem with monitoring sessions on ISA 2004 - 29.Nov.2004 1:57:00 PM   
dians

It seems that this problem occurs on regular basis. Is there any pro (Mr Shinder help) who can help us.

Grtz. Hans

P.s. i have the same problems.

Post #: 5
RE: Problem with monitoring sessions on ISA 2004 - 30.Nov.2004 9:21:00 AM   
congers

Our company deploys ISA Server regularly. The issues described in this topic occurred on two of our live deployments. We resolved the issue following the following procedure:

1. Open MMC on an ISA Server Computer
2. Click File and then Add/Remove Snap-in
3. Click Add
4. Select Group Policy Object Editor and click Add
5. In the dialog that pops up leave Group Policy Object as Local Computer and press Finish
6. Click Close
7. Click OK
8. Make sure that "LOCAL SERVICE" and "NETWORK SERVICE" can "Generate security audits" under "User right assignment"
- If ISA is a member of a Windows domain, one may have to assign this policy using Group Policy Editor for the Domain (At the Organizational Unit for example)
9. Once the above policy is applied, restart the 'Microsoft ISA Server Storage' service before going back into the ISA Mangement MMC.

Regards,
Craig.

Post #: 6
RE: Problem with monitoring sessions on ISA 2004 - 30.Nov.2004 4:37:00 PM   
dians

It works, thanks.
First i had to put some machines in the "remote management computer" group (DC, Backup) after an GPUpdate it works.

Grtz. Hans [Wink]

Post #: 7
RE: Problem with monitoring sessions on ISA 2004 - 7.Jan.2005 3:43:00 AM   
bookgrub

You genius, it works. This problem has been driving me insane, and causing much administrative grief. Profuse thanks.

Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Problem with monitoring sessions on ISA 2004 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts