• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problems with MSDE logging

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Problems with MSDE logging Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with MSDE logging - 12.Nov.2004 9:30:00 AM   
hd73

Hi,

How can I restrict memory using by sqlservr service?

MSDE logging file is created daily, but I can't copy file of previous days. Does the MSDE logging service still use these files?

Do Anybody know ? Thanks for your reply.
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with MSDE logging - 8.Feb.2005 2:02:00 AM   
Linwood

Old files are still open by MSDE, so you can't deal with them directly without detaching from MSDE (not sure what ISA will do about that however).

Easier is probably to use SQL to suck whatever data you want out of them, e.g. by a SQL backup (easier to restore and use elsewhere), or load into another database before ISA purges them.

(in reply to hd73)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems with MSDE logging - 17.Oct.2005 4:04:00 PM   
Hello:
If you don't want to use OSQL.EXE or the SQL Query Analyzer to modify the max memory setting for MSDE/SQL, there's a script for doing this at www.ISAscripts.org named "ISA_MSDE_Max_Memory.vbs".

(in reply to hd73)
  Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Problems with MSDE logging Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts