• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

I have some problem with ISA logs

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> I have some problem with ISA logs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I have some problem with ISA logs - 16.Nov.2004 7:51:00 AM   
NikoraM

In ISA2004St replace path to storage ISA Firewall and Web Proxy logs from install path to another. Restart server. And now i have problem with query to my logs. If Log time=Live all OK. But when i change Log time=last hour or any other server show message "The query stopped because an error occured while it was running". Windows logs is empty. Reports works normal. What can i do? Thanks.

[ November 16, 2004, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: NikoraM ]
Post #: 1
RE: I have some problem with ISA logs - 18.Apr.2005 6:45:00 PM   
Scotte

I'm getting the same thing. In addition, I'm running ISA SP1 and W2K3 SP1. However, it seems related to the size of the queried data - the longer the time period queried, the more likely it is to error out. Is there a timeout setting somewhere?

(in reply to NikoraM)
Post #: 2
RE: I have some problem with ISA logs - 18.May2005 9:48:00 AM   
kcadmin

I am getting this too. I had switched from MSDE format to file format for a couple of days to evaluate a 3rd party reporting tool. Now I can't query anything prior to the temp change. I thought If I formed the query with dates before the change, that might work, but I can't query any dates from the MSDE files dates before the change happened. Last 24 hours query is working okay dates, between queries from after the changes are also okay. Problem is, management wants a "last two weeks" log on someone today. Are the logs corrupt, or what? Please help! [Confused]

(in reply to NikoraM)
Post #: 3
RE: I have some problem with ISA logs - 18.May2005 12:09:00 PM   
kcadmin

Still looking for a solution, I found this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/isasdk/isa/logs.asp from the ISA SDK. Is it possible changing the logging format has caused the logs to become "disconnected", and I just need to run the command to reconnect?

(in reply to NikoraM)
Post #: 4
RE: I have some problem with ISA logs - 6.Jun.2005 11:59:00 AM   
dfosbenner

Same problem here. I tried the link above to detach old databases that I deleted, and it worked. THANKS !

[ June 06, 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: dfosbenner ]

(in reply to NikoraM)
Post #: 5
RE: I have some problem with ISA logs - 26.Nov.2005 9:52:44 AM   
wbplomp

This is not a good solution, do you know what security impact that involves?

Here is a solution for this problem....

• Backup your system
  • Change the log settings to file format into the default ISALogs folder for all loggings.
  • Apply these settings, you do not have to restart the services because you leave SQL (MSDE).
  • Go to Add/Remove Programs and change the ISA Server setup by removing "Advanced Logging" (MSDE).
    If you have arrays follow this step for all servers.
  • Remove all old logfiles from the SQL (MSDE)
  • Remove the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server
  • Go to Add/Remove Programs and change the ISA Server setup by adding "Advanced Logging" (MSDE).
  • If you installed ISA Server SP1 apply it first.
  • Change the log settings to SQL (MSDE) format to the folder you want for all loggings.
  • Apply thes settings. You need to restart the services, you do it, don't restart later.

Problem solved!
Done it five time, it worked perfecft!

Good luck!

Boudewijn

(in reply to dfosbenner)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> I have some problem with ISA logs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts