• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Logging where Users are surfing the net

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Logging where Users are surfing the net Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logging where Users are surfing the net - 5.Jan.2005 12:09:00 PM   
lost30047

I just purchased ISA SErver 2004. I have 1 ISA server. I lock down 90% of users to 15 web sites that they can visit. The rest, I need to see a report on where they are going to. I was specifically looking for directions on how to log where users are surfing. I may be dumb, but I can not find this in the ISA Server 2004 - Shinder book. Can anyone help me. Do I have to purchase a 3rd party program to do this?
KB
Post #: 1
RE: Logging where Users are surfing the net - 5.Jan.2005 3:30:00 PM   
rpitney

I have used WebSpy in the past to provide these reports, and these reports are outstanding. The viewer can drill down to any level of detail desired per user, per traffic type, per web site, etc. The software even categorizes "productive" versus "non-productive" web sites, but of course, this may need to be altered depending upon what the organization does. WebSpy is very expensive, however, but worth the money if detailed report analysis is needed. The good news is that there is a 30-day free trail one can download for a test drive.

Note that I am having problems getting this product to work with MSDE logging that is the default in ISA 2004. I suggest changing the logging type to w3c or other simple format for a few days before downloading WebSpy to test. It will be much easier to work with if you don't have a lot of experience with MSDE/SQL databases.

(in reply to lost30047)
Post #: 2
RE: Logging where Users are surfing the net - 1.Feb.2005 3:45:00 PM   
Kerry.Kriegel

You can get this information from ISA 2004 by settting up logging. In Tom's book, use the index for "Monitoring". That will be a good place to start. I assume that you are using ISA as a proxy.

If you need more, or different, information reported, we use a product called SurfControl. It has a nice rules administrator and works well for over 350 clients. If you don't have a lot of users, this may be overkill for you.

(in reply to lost30047)
Post #: 3
RE: Logging where Users are surfing the net - 5.Feb.2005 5:03:00 PM   
liuty2006

try the this one -- netfee
http://www.netfeesoftware.com/NetFee/Index.htm

(in reply to lost30047)
Post #: 4
RE: Logging where Users are surfing the net - 9.May2005 9:13:00 PM   
vice

I have same problem as junior
And I can't find solution for it in ISA Server 2004 book

(in reply to lost30047)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Logging where Users are surfing the net Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts