SQL not logging when using SQL 2000 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting

dinodod -> SQL not logging when using SQL 2000 (13.Feb.2005 7:37:00 AM)

Um.. has anyone seen this error:

The firewall stops and generates this error when I try to access the internet. The logging works fine using the MSDE settings. I have followed your advise from your tutorial on how to log to a SQL DB. I ran teh SQL scripts on the CD which created the tables in my DB and I have created both the SQL account as the DB owner for the DB as well as setup the ODBC connection.

Thanks in advance!

The ISA Server Web filter failed to log information to ODBC Data Source ISA, Table: WebProxyLog, under User Name [isa]. The ODBC Error description is: [State=01004][Error=0][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Fractional truncation [State=01000][Error=10054][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionRead (recv()). [State=08S01][Error=11][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]General network error. Check your network documentation. .

vilarge1 -> RE: SQL not logging when using SQL 2000 (17.Mar.2005 3:19:00 PM)

I am having the same issue. Are you logging the data locally to sql 2000? Or do you have logging to a different SQL server?

KyleKartan -> RE: SQL not logging when using SQL 2000 (21.Mar.2005 6:44:00 PM)

I was getting the exact same error, but managed to fix it by going back and following this MS Article exactly.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838253

I think the biggest difference was using a computer account instead of a domain u/p for the SQL login.

Also, I installed SP1 after I got it working. (My original attempt i had already installed SP1)

Good luck.

[ March 21, 2005, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: KyleKartan ]

Page: [1]