MSDE Manager and remote access (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting

maiike -> MSDE Manager and remote access (17.Mar.2005 6:18:00 PM)

Hi all,

First off great board. I've tried looking for an answer for the past hour but I can't seem to be finding what I'm looking for.

I'm trying MSDE Manager from Vale Software but I can't seem to access my ISA2004 Server eventhough I've enabled TCP on the MSDE and restarted everything.

Anyone could explain why ? I've tried "opening up" port 1433 (SQL Port) without any success.

If anyone has an idea and/or had experience with MSDE Manager.

Thanks

Michael

LLigetfa -> RE: MSDE Manager and remote access (17.Mar.2005 6:33:00 PM)

I thought it was 1434...

Anyway, did you check your system policies? Using the M$ SQL Mangler, I can point it to my Server\MSFW without problem.

maiike -> RE: MSDE Manager and remote access (18.Mar.2005 9:35:00 AM)

I did check my system poilcies. What am I looking for ? Still not working, even locally.

LLigetfa -> RE: MSDE Manager and remote access (18.Mar.2005 3:57:00 PM)

The system policies are self explanitory. As for not being able to access it even locally, it is a know issue that is touched upon in M$ KB 840554.

You can access the MSDE locally with the M$ SQL Manager by simply typing in servername\MSFW and refreshing. The same holds true for remote provided the system policy (rule) allows remote administration of the server.

maiike -> RE: MSDE Manager and remote access (21.Mar.2005 10:18:00 AM)

Happy face because it's working. Thanks, I did enter the SERVERNAME\MSFW and it found it...

Thanks again, great board !

Page: [1]