• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Old Log files being updated every 5 minutes

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Old Log files being updated every 5 minutes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Old Log files being updated every 5 minutes - 2.Apr.2005 4:29:00 AM   
thewspot

Greetings all,

I noticed something odd the other day. Every 5 minutes or so the disk activity on my ISA server starts going crazy for a couple of minutes and then stops.

After doing a bit of checking, I found that it appears that files in the ISALogs directory are being updated for some reason, even files that are months old. The last modified date shows recent updates on some files that were created a year ago!

I seem to have several log files for FWS and WEB created each day, each no more than 3Mb in size. I can't find a way to configure it to allow a single larger log file or any other options like that. The only option seems to be for the total size of the logs directory.

Does anyone have any ideas why it is updating all the old log files all the time?

Thanks,
Scott.
Post #: 1
RE: Old Log files being updated every 5 minutes - 2.Apr.2005 5:32:00 AM   
LLigetfa

Why not log to MSDE instead? MSDE supports log files upto 2 gig and ISA will automagically roll them over and manage disk space.

(in reply to thewspot)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Old Log files being updated every 5 minutes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts