• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Client IP adres posting to DMZ (through ISA 2004)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Client IP adres posting to DMZ (through ISA 2004) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Client IP adres posting to DMZ (through ISA 2004) - 11.Apr.2005 5:56:00 PM   
guillem

We use ISA 2004 as a proxy server in the DMZ. behind the DMZ we have configured a secure zone where the webservers are installed.

For logging purposes we want to send the source ip address of the client to this zone. We we do this we have to add extra default gateways (the interfaces of the ISA server in the DMZ), because the webserver is replying to the source address of the client and the firewall does not know this address (because it is behind the ISA-server)This is not wanted because reply traffic can go via the wrong ISA server etc.

My question is how to overcome this problem? Can we pass the source IP in the HTTP header and how can we log this address on the IIS server? Are there other ways to do this?
Post #: 1
RE: Client IP adres posting to DMZ (through ISA 2004) - 13.Apr.2005 1:16:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Guillem,

Not sure what is going on here.

Are you saying the internal interface IP address on the ISA firewall is showing up in the Web server log files?

Are you saying the external interface IP address on the ISA firewall is showing up in the Web server log files?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to guillem)
Post #: 2
RE: Client IP adres posting to DMZ (through ISA 2004) - 14.Apr.2005 3:13:00 PM   
guillem

Tom,

The isa server (internal interface) source address is showing up on the IIS log.

We like to see the the source address for statisticakl reasons on the webserver.

I you can help me, thanks in advance.

(in reply to guillem)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Client IP adres posting to DMZ (through ISA 2004) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts