• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

software for firing employees...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> software for firing employees... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
software for firing employees... - 13.May2005 11:23:00 AM   
tinto

hi,
it actually seems that company's direction wants me to answer questions like "who's watching at bad sites?".
I'm searching for reports creating software who would allow me to see users web activity (first).
I'd like a soft that doesn't interact with isa other than to read log files. And possibly cheap "[Smile]"

I'm looking at netfee, webspy, the one from burst and the other from red line.

What people can suggest? "[Smile]"
thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: software for firing employees... - 13.May2005 12:25:00 PM   
BorisZubanov

www.internetaccessmonitor.com

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 2
RE: software for firing employees... - 13.May2005 4:38:00 PM   
KyleKartan

www.advsoft.info

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 3
RE: software for firing employees... - 13.May2005 8:21:00 PM   
watts3000

Websense hands down that what we use and most companies who are serious about watching workers use it also

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 4
RE: software for firing employees... - 19.May2005 8:30:00 AM   
tinto

quote:
Originally posted by Tinto:
it actually seems that company's direction wants me to answer questions like "who's watching at bad sites?".

now the are even asking me to let them see the pages of "bad sites" the user has seen.
I mean not hostnames or urls but the "snapshot" of the pages...
no comment. [Frown]

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 5
RE: software for firing employees... - 20.May2005 10:55:00 AM   
watts3000

I've never heard of that I'm not with baby sitting employees and I'm not all about firing people. Anyway if websense is king if this product can't help you than than you can just throw away your project

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 6
RE: software for firing employees... - 31.May2005 3:43:00 AM   
Firefox

Not only is that idea of "Baby Sitting" not the right way, but unless your law's in Italy are completely different from that in the Netherlands, it's totally illegal as well. Privacy Legislation is not something that should be messed with easily.

Make sure you have covered yourself in this aspect, and check with someone that has knowledge about this and make sure that any requests on this have been formally given in writing!

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 7
RE: software for firing employees... - 13.Jun.2005 11:56:00 AM   
An-D

i sell my product to plenty of clients in the netherlands. the inportant thing in almost all countrys is to tell your employes that you are watching them. This is usually done through an acceptable use document. this could be signed when joining. this is wise anyway to outline the terms of conduct on your network

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 8
RE: software for firing employees... - 14.Jun.2005 5:02:00 AM   
mbassie

quote:
Originally posted by Vuurvos:
Not only is that idea of "Baby Sitting" not the right way, but unless your law's in Italy are completely different from that in the Netherlands, it's totally illegal as well. Privacy Legislation is not something that should be messed with easily.

In the Netherlands it's illegal unless the company clearly states people's internet use might be monitored. As An-D wrote, this is usually done by having employees sign an 'acceptable use' policy (or an equivalent document), but even a simple pop-up box on system login, or proxy access suffices.

Do try to get the request for this data in writing, if only for your own protection.

-M

[ June 14, 2005, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: mbassie ]

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 9
RE: software for firing employees... - 28.Jul.2005 1:40:00 PM   
reddog64

we use surfcontrol's webmonitor...

AWSOME product...

Easy to set up, integrates with all our domains and trusted domains perfectly.

We monitor about 350 users with it.

I can lock it down so a certain user can only go to one site for 5 minutes between 12 noon and 12:30 and may only download 1 meg of traffic.

Very usefull program and the reports are exactly what department heads want to see. per user, per site, and the tiem spent there.

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> software for firing employees... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts