• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Incorrect Client Username reported in Logs & Monitoring

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Incorrect Client Username reported in Logs & Monitoring Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incorrect Client Username reported in Logs & Monito... - 6.Jun.2005 12:42:00 PM   
dfosbenner

OK, this one has me stumped. I have a test user, firewall client is configured to look at ISA Server 2004 system, and their browser (MSIE) is configured to use a proxy server, the name of the ISA box is specified, and port 8080.

In Monitoring I have a live session going where I watch the IP address of the user's PC for HTTP on Firewall or Web Proxy.

As the user opens IE and browses, it shows the activity. It shows their machine's IP address, however, the username listed isn't theirs, but another user.

One thing I discovered was my reverse DNS zone was filled with old, obsolete records, so I deleted those. (I thought maybe ISA2K4 was doing reverse lookups and finding the wrong username). I replicated AD to all servers to replicate the DNS changes. I rebooted the client PC.

On the ISA Server 2004 system, I flushed the DNS cache. After all this, the Username is still incorrect in the monitoring session.

I tried the same monitoring on 4 other PCs, and they all reported the correct user. Since I have to log user activity here, this is obviously something I need to figure out pronto.

Anyone?

[ June 06, 2005, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: dfosbenner ]
Post #: 1
RE: Incorrect Client Username reported in Logs & Mo... - 7.Jun.2005 5:28:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Dave,

Could it be cached credentails on that client?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to dfosbenner)
Post #: 2
RE: Incorrect Client Username reported in Logs & Mo... - 7.Jun.2005 9:38:00 AM   
dfosbenner

I'm going to move into this thread, since others have the same issue:

Client shows up as administrator

(in reply to dfosbenner)
Post #: 3
RE: Incorrect Client Username reported in Logs & Mo... - 21.Jun.2005 2:53:00 PM   
dfosbenner

FIXED !

On the client in question, go to Control Panel, User Accounts, Advanced tab, Manage Password button. In the list that appears you should see an item for the name of the ISA server. Click it, examine its properties, and you will see the username being logged in the ISA logs. The solution is simple - delete the entry from the list. Voila - correct username now logs in ISA.

(in reply to dfosbenner)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Incorrect Client Username reported in Logs & Monitoring Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts