• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

port numbers change after defining

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> port numbers change after defining Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
port numbers change after defining - 8.Jul.2005 2:29:00 PM   
bhendri

When I define an "Unidentified IP Traffic" port number, the port number changes and is still determined to be "Unidentified IP Traffic."

How is this possible?
Post #: 1
RE: port numbers change after defining - 15.Jul.2005 11:40:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi B,

If you don't want to see "unidentified IP traffic" create a protocol definition for that protocol and the name you give the protocol definition will appear in the log files.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to bhendri)
Post #: 2
RE: port numbers change after defining - 5.Aug.2005 4:36:00 PM   
bhendri

When this occurs the known software should be using the newly defined port, but ISA displays an incremented port number instead.

When assigning a name to the port number, the new name for the defined port number is not displayed in the logs. Instead another unidentified port is found which is usually only one or two port numbers away from the newly defined port.

The more ports I define the higher the unidentified port number goes. It's not like I have a ton of other undefined port numbers coming up in the log, I have none.

(in reply to bhendri)
Post #: 3
RE: port numbers change after defining - 8.Aug.2005 6:59:00 AM   
bhendri

When this occurs the known software should be using the newly defined port, but ISA displays an incremented port number instead.

When assigning a name to the port number, the new name for the defined port number is not displayed in the logs. Instead another unidentified port is found which is usually only one or two port numbers away from the newly defined port.

The more ports I define the higher the unidentified port number goes. It's not like I have a ton of other undefined port numbers coming up in the log, I have none.

(in reply to bhendri)
Post #: 4
RE: port numbers change after defining - 8.Aug.2005 6:59:00 AM   
bhendri

(in reply to bhendri)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> port numbers change after defining Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts