port numbers change after defining (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting

bhendri -> port numbers change after defining (8.Jul.2005 2:29:00 PM)

When I define an "Unidentified IP Traffic" port number, the port number changes and is still determined to be "Unidentified IP Traffic."

How is this possible?

tshinder -> RE: port numbers change after defining (15.Jul.2005 11:40:00 AM)

Hi B,

If you don't want to see "unidentified IP traffic" create a protocol definition for that protocol and the name you give the protocol definition will appear in the log files.

HTH,
Tom

bhendri -> RE: port numbers change after defining (5.Aug.2005 4:36:00 PM)

When this occurs the known software should be using the newly defined port, but ISA displays an incremented port number instead.

When assigning a name to the port number, the new name for the defined port number is not displayed in the logs. Instead another unidentified port is found which is usually only one or two port numbers away from the newly defined port.

The more ports I define the higher the unidentified port number goes. It's not like I have a ton of other undefined port numbers coming up in the log, I have none.

bhendri -> RE: port numbers change after defining (8.Aug.2005 6:59:00 AM)

When this occurs the known software should be using the newly defined port, but ISA displays an incremented port number instead.

When assigning a name to the port number, the new name for the defined port number is not displayed in the logs. Instead another unidentified port is found which is usually only one or two port numbers away from the newly defined port.

The more ports I define the higher the unidentified port number goes. It's not like I have a ton of other undefined port numbers coming up in the log, I have none.

bhendri -> RE: port numbers change after defining (8.Aug.2005 6:59:00 AM)

Page: [1]