• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Logs Show Too Much SQL Activity

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Logs Show Too Much SQL Activity Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logs Show Too Much SQL Activity - 20.Jul.2005 6:35:00 PM   
anthonymel

Before I had setup my ISA 2004 server my SQL 2000 server was had its own public IP address.

Now that I have the SQL server installed I notice in my logs that there seems to be a connection attempt being made to port 1433 a couple of times a minute to that address.

Now I logically denied all SQL inbound attempts. But my question is, is this normal. If you have a SQL is it accepted that you get hit with attempts to login to the server?

Or was this left over from before the ISA was put in. Meaning that these servers that want access to my SQL server still think they can attempt to breach it?

Thanks,
Anthony
Post #: 1
RE: Logs Show Too Much SQL Activity - 20.Jul.2005 8:10:00 PM   
LLigetfa

It is normal. I wrote a second to last deny rule that does not log to keep those and others from my logs.

(in reply to anthonymel)
Post #: 2
RE: Logs Show Too Much SQL Activity - 20.Jul.2005 10:36:00 PM   
anthonymel

Well I just went into my router and denied all inbound tcp 1433 attempts. So they don't get logged any more cause it just doesn't reach the ISA server. Is this a smart thing to do? Or should I just let it log in the ISA firewall?

Thanks,
Anthony

[ July 21, 2005, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: Anthony Meluso ]

(in reply to anthonymel)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Logs Show Too Much SQL Activity Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts