• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Windows Messanger help

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> Windows Messanger help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows Messanger help - 8.Dec.2004 2:22:00 PM   
joemarr_intek

Im in the process of setting up a web proxy/cache server using ISA 2004. So far things are working well, except that I can get Windows Messanger (not msn) to work. The Windows Messanger is pointing to a Exchange 2000 server that sits on the same network segment as the ISA server. I tried to create URL sets and domain sets that allow traffic to the server (im.domain.com) but I cant login. When I look at the log (with or without it pointing to the proxy), it says a connection is established but Windows Messanger says "Signing in to Microsoft Exchange Instant Messaging failed because the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not exist."

The current firewall rule is that all outbound traffic from the internal network to a domain set is allowed. Before this rule it denied connections to the messaging server.

Any help is appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Windows Messanger help - 8.Dec.2004 2:42:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Joe,

You need to configure the Web Proxy clients to use Direct Access when connecting to internal resources, so that they bypass the ISA firewall when connecting to internal resources. You can configure Direct Access in the ISA firewall console.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to joemarr_intek)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> Windows Messanger help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts