• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities - 1.Feb.2005 12:57:00 PM   
aaronparker

Has anyone done any research on using the HTTP Filter in ISA Server 2004 to block specific signatures that may related to vunerabilities in Internet Explorer in an effort to mitigate these vunerabilities?

TIA
Aaron
Post #: 1
RE: Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities - 4.Feb.2005 6:11:00 PM   
dinodod

I have not but if they know about certain signatures perhaps there is a patch for it? Using ISA to prevent attacks is a novel idea but are you also patching the PC's?

(in reply to aaronparker)
Post #: 2
RE: Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities - 4.Feb.2005 11:48:00 PM   
grinn253

Hello,

This link:
MS Preventative Measures

Has some signatures from Microsoft you could use for examples.

Laters,
Edgardo

Post #: 3
RE: Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities - 5.Feb.2005 8:14:00 AM   
aaronparker

Thanks for the link.

As for patching, there is no patch for a zero-day exploit. Even for those with patches, the time frame between the vunerability being found, MS releasing a patch and the administrator patching all desktops is too high.

Post #: 4
RE: Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities - 6.Feb.2005 2:53:00 AM   
dinodod

I agree on that matter. I was just wanting to make sure the PC's are being patched as well...

Thanks for the link as well. I'll have to look into the signatures.

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts