Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering

aaronparker -> Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities (1.Feb.2005 12:57:00 PM)

Has anyone done any research on using the HTTP Filter in ISA Server 2004 to block specific signatures that may related to vunerabilities in Internet Explorer in an effort to mitigate these vunerabilities?

TIA
Aaron

dinodod -> RE: Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities (4.Feb.2005 6:11:00 PM)

I have not but if they know about certain signatures perhaps there is a patch for it? Using ISA to prevent attacks is a novel idea but are you also patching the PC's?

grinn253 -> RE: Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities (4.Feb.2005 11:48:00 PM)

Hello,

This link:
MS Preventative Measures

Has some signatures from Microsoft you could use for examples.

Laters,
Edgardo

aaronparker -> RE: Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities (5.Feb.2005 8:14:00 AM)

Thanks for the link.

As for patching, there is no patch for a zero-day exploit. Even for those with patches, the time frame between the vunerability being found, MS releasing a patch and the administrator patching all desktops is too high.

dinodod -> RE: Using the HTTP Filter to mitigate IE vunerabilities (6.Feb.2005 2:53:00 AM)

I agree on that matter. I was just wanting to make sure the PC's are being patched as well...

Thanks for the link as well. I'll have to look into the signatures.

Page: [1]