• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Block PHP Pages

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> Block PHP Pages Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Block PHP Pages - 14.Feb.2005 10:11:00 PM   
ldodd

My boss has asked me to block any pages that are PHP pages. Not sure why he wants that but he is the boss. How can I accomplish this with ISA 2000 running on a Windows 2000 server. Any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Block PHP Pages - 15.Feb.2005 11:47:00 AM   
tinto

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Dodd:
My boss has asked me to block any pages that are PHP pages. Not sure why he wants that but he is the boss. How can I accomplish this with ISA 2000 running on a Windows 2000 server. Any help would be appreciated.

is your boss' name Bill?
if so, you should find the answer inside your company
[Eek!]

(in reply to ldodd)
Post #: 2
RE: Block PHP Pages - 15.Feb.2005 2:42:00 PM   
ldodd

No he is not Bill but he sometime exhibits behavior like this. I just want to find out if it is possible to block something based on the extension of the page.

(in reply to ldodd)
Post #: 3
RE: Block PHP Pages - 16.Feb.2005 2:20:00 PM   
tinto

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Dodd:
No he is not Bill but he sometime exhibits behavior like this. I just want to find out if it is possible to block something based on the extension of the page.

sure it is, just right click on a rule and select configure http.

be warned that index.php pages will not be blocked, and that a web server administrator can easy manage things to make .php appear i.e. as .wyw

(in reply to ldodd)
Post #: 4
RE: Block PHP Pages - 17.Feb.2005 5:14:00 AM   
dinodod

You need to explain to your boss that YOU CAN not be blocking 1/2 of the web sites out there. He needs to explain in full detail his purpose. There is no reason why you should be blocking PHP pages.

PHP is the same thing as ASP pages. both are SERVER side scripting tools, unlike JS & VBS scripts that are CLIENT side. What issue is he having?

He will be quick to fnd out he users will NOT be able to surf 1/2 of the sites out there and you will get an angry phone call from upstairs.

(in reply to ldodd)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> Block PHP Pages Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts