• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

working with checkpoint firewall and ISA 2004 Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> working with checkpoint firewall and ISA 2004 Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
working with checkpoint firewall and ISA 2004 Server - 25.Oct.2004 10:16:00 AM   
eyal.doron

Hey all

The problem I have is: working with checkpoint firewall and ISA 2004 Server.

In the current configuration, we have checkpoint firewall that redirects all the HTTP Traffic to Linux with Squid Server.
The network infrastructure is:
LAN > Checkpoint Firewall > router
LAN > Checkpoint Firewall > Squid - Linux > ADSL Router

When a LAN Client uses any service, except HTTP, the Firewall redirects the client Request to the Router. When LAN Client use HTTP Protocol, the Firewall Redirect the Request to the Squid - Linux Server (the Linux Server use the ADSL Router etc).

This configuration is working fine, but because I am not familiar with Linux Box, I try to move this responsibly to: ISA 2004 Based server.
I configure the Firewall to forward the HTTP communication to the "new proxy server" (ISA 2004 Server), when LAN Client tries to use HTTP Service, the client gets The Flowing Error:

Technical Information (for support personnel)
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) does not use a recognized protocol. Either the protocol is not supported or the request was not typed correctly. Confirm that a valid protocol is in use (for example, HTTP for a Web request). (12006)
IP Address: x.y.z.a
Date: 10/24/2004 5:15:07 PM
Server: ISA2004LAB
Source: proxy

More details:

The IP Address: x.y.z.a is the firewall LAN interface IP
The Firewall Server can communicate with the ISA Server by using ping command or by configure the Browser on the Firewall Server as a : WEB Proxy Client .
I hard that the reason for this error is : because the ISA 2004 Server can not
support: Transport Proxy configuration.

I read the flowing article: http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_838708.aspx ,And try to use this configuration, and still it doesnĘt work.

Any suggestion????
Thanks head
Eyal doron
Post #: 1
RE: working with checkpoint firewall and ISA 2004 Server - 25.Oct.2004 1:03:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Eyal,

Does the Checkpoint server support using CARP with the ISA firewall?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to eyal.doron)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> working with checkpoint firewall and ISA 2004 Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts