working with checkpoint firewall and ISA 2004 Server (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General

eyal.doron -> working with checkpoint firewall and ISA 2004 Server (25.Oct.2004 10:16:00 AM)

Hey all

The problem I have is: working with checkpoint firewall and ISA 2004 Server.

In the current configuration, we have checkpoint firewall that redirects all the HTTP Traffic to Linux with Squid Server.
The network infrastructure is:
LAN > Checkpoint Firewall > router
LAN > Checkpoint Firewall > Squid - Linux > ADSL Router

When a LAN Client uses any service, except HTTP, the Firewall redirects the client Request to the Router. When LAN Client use HTTP Protocol, the Firewall Redirect the Request to the Squid - Linux Server (the Linux Server use the ADSL Router etc).

This configuration is working fine, but because I am not familiar with Linux Box, I try to move this responsibly to: ISA 2004 Based server.
I configure the Firewall to forward the HTTP communication to the "new proxy server" (ISA 2004 Server), when LAN Client tries to use HTTP Service, the client gets The Flowing Error:

Technical Information (for support personnel)
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) does not use a recognized protocol. Either the protocol is not supported or the request was not typed correctly. Confirm that a valid protocol is in use (for example, HTTP for a Web request). (12006)
IP Address: x.y.z.a
Date: 10/24/2004 5:15:07 PM
Server: ISA2004LAB
Source: proxy

More details:

The IP Address: x.y.z.a is the firewall LAN interface IP
The Firewall Server can communicate with the ISA Server by using ping command or by configure the Browser on the Firewall Server as a : WEB Proxy Client .
I hard that the reason for this error is : because the ISA 2004 Server can not
support: Transport Proxy configuration.

I read the flowing article: http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_838708.aspx ,And try to use this configuration, and still it doesnĘt work.

Any suggestion????
Thanks head
Eyal doron

tshinder -> RE: working with checkpoint firewall and ISA 2004 Server (25.Oct.2004 1:03:00 PM)

Hi Eyal,

Does the Checkpoint server support using CARP with the ISA firewall?

Thanks!
Tom

Page: [1]