• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Does ISA 2004 Caching support the "If-Modified-Since" HTTP header and 304 responses?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Does ISA 2004 Caching support the "If-Modified-Since" HTTP header and 304 responses? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does ISA 2004 Caching support the "If-Modified-Sin... - 15.Apr.2005 8:33:00 AM   
Hello all,

I am using ISA 2004 Caching for a website I manage and would like to know if ISA 2004 handles the "If-Modified-Since" appropriately. I'm gonna guess it should support this but I would like someone that knows to confirm. Thanks!

Here is a brief description of how it works:

"The If-Modified-Since request-header field is used with a method to make it conditional: if the requested variant has not been modified since the time specified in this field, an entity will not be returned from the server; instead, a 304 (not modified) response will be returned without any message-body."

This means that if the date sent in the request header is older than the date ISA cached the page, ISA should send back the page with a 200 response as usual. Otherwise, it should send a 304 response without a body.

For more information about how the "if-Modified-since" header works, see section 14.25 of http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html.

Thanks!

Johnny
  Post #: 1
RE: Does ISA 2004 Caching support the "If-Modified... - 19.Apr.2005 12:17:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Johnny,

Yes, check out cache rules, and NetMon traces, and you'll see tha the ISA firewall does check this.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Does ISA 2004 Caching support the "If-Modified-Since" HTTP header and 304 responses? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts