• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Secure FTP Problems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Secure FTP Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Secure FTP Problems - 22.Apr.2005 6:57:00 AM   
gower.mike@shaw.ca

Hi guys -

I'm at a clients' site working on an Secure FTP connection problem using ISA 2004 std. Service pack 1 has NOT been installed (due to hearing some things about losing functionality in administrating the firewall client).

Anyway, we're trying to complete the last of the Proxy 2 migration with this secure FTP access being one of the last things to complete.

Problem: The outbound secure FTP connection fail to be completely setup. ISA is configured with 2 nics, Internal/External - The remote FTP site is accessed via the External int.

If we use the proxy client and the old Proxy 2 server - it works fine. When we use the ISA firewall client and point it to ISA - it fails to fully connect. I've looked at some of the papers on line and they haven't helped as of yet.

Here's the strange part - if I disable the ISA FTP filter the connection goes through fine.
So - what is the filter doing? Can it be safely disabled and if so, what is the client losing? or am I missing something?

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Secure FTP Problems - 25.Apr.2005 6:56:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi M,

Check out Stefaan Pouseele's article on how FTP challanges firewall security for an answer an explanation.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to gower.mike@shaw.ca)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Secure FTP Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts