Cache Initialization Failure (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General

Nima -> Cache Initialization Failure (27.Apr.2005 5:12:00 PM)

Hi
I have a problem when starting caching. Caching not started and a Alert appear in Alert Tab in Monitoring Node whit this discription :
The cache was not properly initialized. caching will be disabled (internal code 503.285.4.0.2161.50). Identify the specific reason for the failure from previous relevant event logs. Fix the problem, and then restart the Firewall service to enable caching. The failure is due to error: A cluster resource failed.
Another Alert appeare in firewall Service Categiry. It topic is " Configuration error " and Description is :
ISA Server detected routes through adapter "D-Link LAN 100" that do not correlate with the network element to which this adapter belongs. The address ranges in conflict are: 192.168.0.10-192.168.0.254;. Fix the network element and/or the routing table to make these ranges consistent; they should be in both or in neither. If you recently created a remote site network, check if the event recurs. If it does not, you may safely ignore this message.
I don't know what can I dooo "[Confused]"

tshinder -> RE: Cache Initialization Failure (28.Apr.2005 10:22:00 AM)

Hi Nima,

Does the cache ever finally initiaize?

What is the IP addressing information on the internal interface?

Thanks!
Tom

Nima -> RE: Cache Initialization Failure (28.Apr.2005 10:36:00 AM)

Hi Tom
Thanx for reply. But I must say Cache finaly don't work ! I have a NIC that connect to LAN & a analog modem that connect to Internet.
I choose Edge Firewall Template.
All Services work probaby & just one error message is in the Alert TAB. It topic is Cache Initialization error and it description is :
The Web cache proxy was disabled because of a global failure.
There is another Alert in it category whit same Topic. It description is :
The cache was not properly initialized. caching will be disabled (internal code 503.285.4.0.2161.50). Identify the specific reason for the failure from previous relevant event logs. Fix the problem, and then restart the Firewall service to enable caching. The failure is due to error: A cluster resource failed.
My Internal IP addresss is : 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.0.255
Thanx again for help

ldesilva -> RE: Cache Initialization Failure (9.May2005 3:16:00 AM)

I've the same problem too.
---
The cache was not properly initialized. caching will be disabled (internal code 503.281.4.0.3439.50). Identify the specific reason for the failure from previous relevant event logs. Fix the problem, and then restart the Firewall service to enable caching.
---

The ISA 2004 has 3 NICs, (1 Ext, 1 Int, 1 intra-array comm). The ISA belongs to an AD and is configured in an array configuration.

Please advise

AdnanRafik -> RE: Cache Initialization Failure (9.May2005 6:46:00 PM)

Initially the Cache was configure on C drive.

This initialization error occured when the I reset the Cache size to zero on C: drive and then created Cache on D:\ drive.

Now I've configure very less amount of C: drive (500 MB) for Cache and D: for more Cache (10GB).

Since I've done this there are not Alerts regarding Cache Initialization.

Page: [1]