• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Proxy Exceptions

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Proxy Exceptions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Proxy Exceptions - 13.May2005 4:59:00 PM   
mjwigham

I need to bypass the proxy settings for a particular URL set, but not sure how.

My manager wants it to be displayed in the IE internet options, Connections, "LAN Settings" / under "Advanced", in the "Exceptions" box.

This is due to timeout errors we are recieving from out Web based SQL DB system that we host internally.

The Dev guys at the DB designers are pretty useless unless your talking in SQL.

This problem only occurred when we turned on the firewall client so i'm fairly sure they are related.

I thought i needed to edit a "WPAD.dat" file but i have been informed that this file is auto generated out of ISA 2004's settings.

Over to you guys.

MJW
Post #: 1
RE: Proxy Exceptions - 24.May2005 10:41:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi MJW,

Check out the two part series on Direct Access and remember to configure the clients as Web proxy clients and to use the autoconfig script or autodiscovery

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to mjwigham)
Post #: 2
RE: Proxy Exceptions - 2.Jun.2005 11:42:00 AM   
anders_uk

If your using group policy then it's easier to add a few exceptions in your proxy settings:

User Configuration - Windows Settings - Internet Explorer Maint. - Connection - Proxy Settings

(in reply to mjwigham)
Post #: 3
RE: Proxy Exceptions - 2.Jun.2005 10:25:00 PM   
LLigetfa

It all depends on how FWC is setup and whether it sets WP in IE. Presuming the FWC sets WP/IE, the exceptions should be set both for FWC and WP/IE at the ISA server. The FWC refresh would fight against the GPO refresh.

I prefer not to have FWC set WP/IE and use GPO exclusively to set WP/IE.

(in reply to mjwigham)
Post #: 4
RE: Proxy Exceptions - 21.Jun.2005 12:53:00 PM   
krmis

I'm also having the same problem. I have internal
oracle servers and when my users go to that site depending on which query they run ISA 2004 times out there connection.
I added the IP address and the http://oracleservername.com in exceptions.

I do not have automatic proxy checked. I'm also not using proxy client. I have pushed out the settings via GP using IE settings. I have added the exceptions in both the client and the server. How would I know if this is working other than the time out feature? Also if I have enabled via the GP and manually entered those settings would it still by pass for those addresses? If my ISA server was to crash would my users still be able to access those internal sites? Please assist this is driving me crazy and I'm new to ISA. thanks

(in reply to mjwigham)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Proxy Exceptions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote