• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Multiple Internal IP on single nic install

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Multiple Internal IP on single nic install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple Internal IP on single nic install - 3.Jun.2005 11:04:00 AM   
rschmidt

We are in the midst of transitioning our network from internal public IPs to private IPs. We currently have 3 Internal IP networks (2 public and 1 private) on the same physical network).

Part of this transition is the replacement of our old NT4/MSProxy box. We now have an ISA 2004 on Win2003. The ISA server was meant to be an exact replacement of the old proxy server.

This is the problem.

I installed the ISA server with an internal IP and the web proxy worked great. Now I have to run IIS on the same machine and need to add a public IP to the box. When I do that, the web proxy stops working. The ISA server starts rejecting every internal URL and I can't do anything at all. External URLs work fine.

Update: I have just found that when I add a second IP, I can't access any web server in that network. The same occurs for the third IP. Internal websites will only work if they are in the same subnet as the first IP on the ISA server.

At this time, setting up the system with 2 nics in a firewall configuration is not possible. I also have to run IIS from the same machine.

Is this configuration even possible? Is it possible to bind ISA to a single IP and allow IIS to bind to the other?

I know it is an odd (but temporary) configuration...

thanks.

[ June 03, 2005, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: rschmidt ]
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Multiple Internal IP on single nic install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts