• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web Proxy Integrated authentication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Web Proxy Integrated authentication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web Proxy Integrated authentication - 30.Jun.2005 3:37:00 AM   
sasa.rasovic

Hi,

I have multiple-domain environment where ISA Server is in its own domain.
I have Web Proxy clients authenticating using integrated windows method on Intenal Network object.
I have 2 rules. The first one allows only one group of forest users to access internet. The second one allows the other group. There is no rule to allow anonymus access.

I want to accomplish the following:
When I login as administrator (user that is not allowed access by either rule) to computer and try to access internet as a Web Proxy client, I want to be prompted with authentication login box from ISA server, so I can provide credentials for one of the users that are allowed access.

OK, this works when I have non-domain environment and integrated authentication fails. ISA server will prompt user for credentials.
But for me, this doesn't work in a domain environment. It seams to me that ISA will get domain credentials from a loged-in user (administrator) and deny him access according to the rule.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance,

Sasa

[ June 30, 2005, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: sasa.rasovic ]
Post #: 1
RE: Web Proxy Integrated authentication - 30.Jun.2005 8:03:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Sasa,

Configure the Web listener to NOT support integrated auth -- then the log on dialog box will appear.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to sasa.rasovic)
Post #: 2
RE: Web Proxy Integrated authentication - 30.Jun.2005 8:19:00 AM   
sasa.rasovic

Thanks,

Did I understand you well: I should configure my Internal Network object listener for web proxy clients - not to use any kind of authentication?

Because, I want all users that are loged in with domain credentials that are allowed by rules, to be automatically allowed to browse internet.
And only users such as Admin that is not allowed by any rule to be prompted.

Sorry for over-analyzing.

Sasa

(in reply to sasa.rasovic)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Web Proxy Integrated authentication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts