Installing ISA Cache functionalitly only (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General

Guest -> Installing ISA Cache functionalitly only (1.Jul.2005 5:42:00 AM)

Installing ISA Cache functionality only (no ISA Firewall)

With ISA 2000 you have the option to install the ISA server as ether Firewall mode, Cache mode or Integrated.

With ISA 2004 you seem to loss this granularity, although the configuring ISA Server 2004 book details that you can only enable the Cache server option.

How do I go about installing ISA 2004 server as a Cache server only

tshinder -> RE: Installing ISA Cache functionalitly only (4.Jul.2005 5:15:00 AM)

Hi Guest,

There is no "cache" mode. There is a Web proxy mode, but the ISA firewall is always a firewall, which I think I made pretty clear in the book. The ISA firewall is a firewall first, second and last. While you can break much of the firewall functionality by using Web proxy mode only, its just a broken firewall that does Web proxy only, but its always a stateful packet and application layer inspection firewall.

HTH,
Tom

Guest -> RE: Installing ISA Cache functionalitly only (15.Jul.2005 10:14:00 AM)

So if I insall ISA 2004 as a Firewall and break it so that it works as a cache.

Would I still need to install the ISA server with two NIC cards or word one be sufficent

boffen -> RE: Installing ISA Cache functionalitly only (18.Jul.2005 2:35:00 AM)

quote:
Originally posted by <guest>:
So if I insall ISA 2004 as a Firewall and break it so that it works as a cache.

Would I still need to install the ISA server with two NIC cards or word one be sufficent

You can install it with one NIC from the beginning.

LLigetfa -> RE: Installing ISA Cache functionalitly only (18.Jul.2005 9:15:00 AM)

quote:
You can install it with one NIC from the beginning.
I am pretty sure you will be disappointed if you do. If you have the option to configure it with two NICs into separate subnets, do it.

Page: [1]