• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Radius Authentication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Radius Authentication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Radius Authentication - 27.Jul.2004 12:15:00 PM   
Wusu

Hello Guys,
I am having problem with authentication for web proxy client. My setup is as follows: I have an ISA server 2004 on a stand alone server. I configured it to use the RADIUS server on a domain controller. None of the workstation in the domain could authenticate through web proxy client. As if the login parameters were not correct. But on the other hand, VPN authentication through the RADIUS server is working perfectly for the all domain users. When i set the authentication type to basic or integrated on the ISA server, everything works fine. But i want to authenticate through RADIUS. What could i possibly have done wrong or haven't done? Please help.

Cheers
Eazzy
Post #: 1
RE: Radius Authentication - 27.Jul.2004 1:16:00 PM   
Wusu

Well Guys i did it! I found out that i had to allow PAP and SPAP in the dial-in profile of IAS remote access policy.

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 2
RE: Radius Authentication - 27.Jul.2004 4:28:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Eazzy,

You are absolutely right! I worked for several hours a couple of month ago working that one out. Its not documented anywhere! (but, it will be in the book) [Big Grin]

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 3
RE: Radius Authentication - 28.Jul.2004 11:25:00 AM   
Wusu

Hi Tom,
I hope your book will soon be out. I'm sure it'll save me a lot of headache wondering what i've done or not done.
Cheers
Eazzy

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 4
RE: Radius Authentication - 29.Jul.2004 1:47:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Eazzy,

Thanks! Should be ready by October.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 5
RE: Radius Authentication - 29.Jul.2004 11:10:00 AM   
paulbaldwin

You only need PAP.

And you would do well to split you RAS policies to prevent your VPN clients getting away with PAP too.

Tom: it is documented! In the Event Log whenever a connection is attempted [Wink]

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 6
RE: Radius Authentication - 29.Jul.2004 12:47:00 PM   
Wusu

Hi Guys!
I'll be looking forward to October then!
Thanks Paul for the information. As for splitting the RAS policies thats a very important point that could skip one's mind. I will definitely do that when i merge my servers. Right now the VPN server is on a different server with its own RAS policy.

Cheers
Eazzy

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 7
RE: Radius Authentication - 29.Jul.2004 1:12:00 PM   
tshinder

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Baldwin:
You only need PAP.

And you would do well to split you RAS policies to prevent your VPN clients getting away with PAP too.

Tom: it is documented! In the Event Log whenever a connection is attempted [Wink]

Hi Paul,

Really? I don't recall the Event Log saying that PAP is the only supported protocol! I have to check that again.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 8
RE: Radius Authentication - 17.Sep.2004 8:11:00 PM   
In my event log, every authentication event gives me the following:

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( IAS ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files

I am pretty sure that a missing DLL is causing the problem, but can't figure out which one I need. Can anybody help me?

(in reply to Wusu)
  Post #: 9
RE: Radius Authentication - 19.Sep.2004 9:27:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Danny,

OK, I went through the config and indeed you do need to enable PAP on the remote access policy in order to support RADIUS auth for Web Proxy clients.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Radius Authentication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts