• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem accessing internal site

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Problem accessing internal site Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem accessing internal site - 30.Aug.2004 11:20:00 PM   
FrancWest

Hi,

ISA is configured as our internal firewall. In the DMZ I'm running our webserver with our website (www.mysite.com). On our internal network I'm running a test server with some test sites (www2.mysite.com), I've configured ISA to bypass the proxy for internal requests and have specified the internal ip-adresses accordingly. However, I'm unable to access www2.mysite.com when I've enabled the proxy in IE. It always goes through the proxy and reports that it cannot find the site. When I disable the proxy, I can access the site fine. What am I doing wrong here ? We are running our own internal DNS. www.mysite.com points to 192.x.x.x and www2.mysite.com to 10.x.x.x.

Franc.
Post #: 1
RE: Problem accessing internal site - 31.Aug.2004 7:25:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Franc,

Is it the DMZ server that it can't access? Can you configure the IP address of that server for Direct Access?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to FrancWest)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem accessing internal site - 31.Aug.2004 4:10:00 PM   
FrancWest

Hi Tom,

no it's the internal server that we can't access. Our setup is as follows:

interal network -> ISA server -> dmz -> External firewall (linux box).

When trying to access the internal server it goes through ISA instead of accessing the server directly. Pinging the url point to the internal server, so the DNS (split one) is correct. But for some reason ISA thinks it an external site.

Franc.

(in reply to FrancWest)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem accessing internal site - 6.Sep.2004 3:55:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Franc,

OK, I understand the setup better.

You need a split DNS and configure the Web Proxy clients to connect to the internal hosts using Direct Access. Also, the Web Proxy clients need to be configured to use the autoconfiguration script. I've detailed the procedures for ISA 2000 firewalls, but haven't done it yet for the ISA firewall.

Its in the book though [Smile] Hopefully we'll get the book out in a couple of months.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to FrancWest)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Problem accessing internal site Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts