• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

MSN Messenger

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> MSN Messenger Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MSN Messenger - 16.Mar.2005 3:51:00 PM   
corbetta

I have installed ISA 2004 as a web cache on a server with a single NIC and a dial-up connection to my ISP. I have 2 rules, the default rule and a rule to allow Web access for all users and all outbound traffic.

If I add all network addresses to the address tab of the internal network I cannot browse the Internet. This is the recommended configuration in Tom's book and MS documentation. However, if I change this to only include the addresses in use in my internal network (192.168.0.0 - 192.168.0.255) browsing works ok.

I've configured an automatic dialup entry but have to dial out manually (manual dial not selected).

I've configured MSN messenger on a client pc to use HTTP proxy with the IP address and port of my ISA server but get a connection error and the troubleshooting tool tells me that I can't use MSN with my proxy.

Can I use MSN messenger with the ISA server in web cache mode?

I'm confused, particularly about defining the address list for the internal network and including all addresses.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: MSN Messenger - 25.Mar.2005 2:56:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Corbetta,

A single NIC setup is a single interface setup. If you have a dial-up entry and a NIC, then configure the ISA firewall as a full firewall, which obviously is a superior configuration from both security and usability.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to corbetta)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> MSN Messenger Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts