• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web Proxy Client can't access Web site

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Web Proxy Client can't access Web site Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web Proxy Client can't access Web site - 25.Mar.2005 1:45:00 PM   
Hello All,

I've configured browser to use Web Proxy but I can't access any site. There is no problem when client is configured as SecureNat client. In addition to this I've configured browser on ISA Server machine to use himself as Web Proxy and I could reach any site without any problem. I've tried to see in logging live wheter this problem is causing by some deny rule. Unluckily there was no rule nor traffic on port 8080. I've changed listner's port on 3128 and I still get nothing. Finally I've ran active ports application on ISA Server machine to see which ports are open and what clients connect to server. Unfortunately, there was no connections on 3128 port although server was listening on this port. However, when I used browser from server machine I could easly see that connection in aports.exe window. What is more I've seen records in log that show rule, destination address and port. Is any one who knows what is wrong? Any help will be appreciated.
  Post #: 1
RE: Web Proxy Client can't access Web site - 25.Mar.2005 2:28:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Peter,

Sounds like a name resolution issue. What are the DNS settings on the ISA firewall's internal and external interfaces (and any additional interfaces, such as DMZ interfaces).

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Web Proxy Client can't access Web site - 26.Mar.2005 2:20:00 PM   
Hi Tom,

I have to say that network configuration is strange. External interface is connected to LAN, not to Internet. Internal interface is connected to other LAN. There is no DNS server on this site. Moreover on internal interface there isn't specified DNS server. All workstations on internal site are configured to use external DNS server which is located in first LAN. There is a rule that allows DNS query from internal client. What is more the same DNS server is set in DNS settings on external interface. I'm not sure if it is a name resolution problem related. I've gotten error page on browser even if I type IP address of Web site instead its domain name.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3
RE: Web Proxy Client can't access Web site - 26.Mar.2005 3:42:00 PM   
LLigetfa

Sounds like a name resolution problem to me. On the clients you say they are configured to use external DNS as is the outside NIC on ISA. Does the ISA register in the external DNS? How do the clients resolve the name of the ISA server or do you use the IP for the web proxy settings?

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: Web Proxy Client can't access Web site - 27.Mar.2005 1:28:00 PM   
The name of ISA server is added to DNS records. There is no matter if I use domain name of ISA server for the Web proxy settings or its IP address.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 5
RE: Web Proxy Client can't access Web site - 27.Mar.2005 2:41:00 PM   
LLigetfa

Which IP is registered in DNS, inside or outside?

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 6
RE: Web Proxy Client can't access Web site - 27.Mar.2005 3:55:00 PM   
The IP's of both internal and external NIC's are registered in DNS.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Web Proxy Client can't access Web site Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts