Preparing for ISA 2004 Exam (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Certification

philcoo -> Preparing for ISA 2004 Exam (27.Jul.2005 6:14:00 AM)

Well I've just been on a 2824A course and now my company want me to take the exam. In the past I've never used course materials to study for exams, only practice exams. At present nobody seems to have any practice exams for ISA 2004 so can anybody help let me know what to expect? I've not done a lot of work with firewalls other than administer our existing checkpoint one and it doesn't take a great deal of brainwork to add and remove a few rules once a year! My other previous MS exams were back in the NT4 days so I expect a lot has changed since then. The other problem I've got is we're only deploying ISA as a proxy server so my chances of playing with anything like VPN's are extremely limited.

[ July 27, 2005, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: Phil Cook ]

tshinder -> RE: Preparing for ISA 2004 Exam (29.Jul.2005 7:35:00 AM)

Hi Phil,

Since the ISA firewall was designed to be a network firewall, and not proxy server X.X, you'll see the majority of questions on the exam to be about VPN, firewall, access control, and all the other firewall features the ISA firewall has to offer.

HTH,
Tom

philcoo -> RE: Preparing for ISA 2004 Exam (29.Jul.2005 8:11:00 AM)

Thanks Tom. I have your book on order so hopefully that'll sort me out! Do you know how soon any practice exams will become available?

tshinder -> RE: Preparing for ISA 2004 Exam (1.Aug.2005 8:24:00 AM)

Hi Phil,

I think the book will help you a lot in your preparations.

I'm not aware of any practice exams out at this time, but I haven't been looking for them. Maybe the MS Press book contains some sample questions?

Thanks!
Tom

philcoo -> RE: Preparing for ISA 2004 Exam (15.Nov.2005 10:05:27 AM)

Well I finally took my exam last week - and failed! I found I had a lot of questions about the enterprise version that made no sense to me! Have I missed something on Tom's book or is it just me being stupid? I only just failed - 657 when I needed 700 so if I can just find some info on setting up ISA array's etc I should be ok to give it another go soon. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

tshinder -> RE: Preparing for ISA 2004 Exam (17.Nov.2005 4:45:20 AM)

Hi Phil,

Ouch! D*mn! I should have mentioned that. Yes, there is some stuff on ISA enterprise edition on the exam and the book came out before ISA 2004 EE was available. There is a downloadable chapter for the book that you should check out, that will get you in the right direction, and you're always welcome to ask exam/study related questions on this board.

HTH,
Tom

philcoo -> RE: Preparing for ISA 2004 Exam (17.Nov.2005 9:14:55 AM)

You know what Tom - it's my own fault! I'd downloaded that chapter when I got the book and totally forgotten all about it! Thanks for the reminder though, I'll be giving it a good read through before next time...

tshinder -> RE: Preparing for ISA 2004 Exam (17.Nov.2005 5:35:07 PM)

Hi Phil,

Good luck on your next try and let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks!
Tom

Page: [1]