DownloadSecurity 6 w. ISA 2004, problems and errors (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons

avisman -> DownloadSecurity 6 w. ISA 2004, problems and errors (7.Nov.2004 7:15:00 PM)

Hi All, Anyone who wants to share experiences with Gfi DownloadSecurity6 on ISA2004 ?

Have been running it fine on ISA2000, now under 2004, errors occur when downloading;
1) Security scanning engine didn't initialized because of internal error.
2) Security scanning engine didn't scan object because of interuption:Invalid Pointer. Scanning will reinitiate.Try again (and again, and again, and again...)

(see also post http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=40;t=000024 by serverbeheersupport.nl )

Just can't seem to get it working, removed it from my prod machines. Identical error occurs on a clean installed test machine.

So I wonder, how many of you have it working, and what's your setup ?

Plus a questionnaire :-)
- Why would I want to input an administrative account during setup when the DSEC service is installed default to run under the system account ?
- Or, why would I want to run a service under an administrative user account on a firewall anyway ?
(Setup routine says domain administrator, LOL, you MUST be joking)(security is key on a firewall IMHO)

regards, Aldo

Ara.A -> RE: DownloadSecurity 6 w. ISA 2004, problems and errors (7.Nov.2004 7:28:00 PM)

Hello
Reason for having administrator account is to be able to save and delete files such guaranteed and also make sure read the pdf file before install and see if it is compatible with your environment. I havenĘt had a problem with it but there is a gfi forum at http://forums.gfi.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=4 [Wink]

avisman -> RE: DownloadSecurity 6 w. ISA 2004, problems and errors (7.Nov.2004 8:42:00 PM)

read the pdf ;-), environment should be compatible, 'cause its out-of-the-box default.
I saw the post dated nov 2nd from def.
Also un-and-reregistered GFIScan Com object, verified DCOM Config, visually checked via mmc component services, still not working.
I am waiting for GFI support to check the troubleshooter output.....

Ara.A -> RE: DownloadSecurity 6 w. ISA 2004, problems and errors (7.Nov.2004 8:44:00 PM)

Do you have antivirus installed on isa beside gfi? [Confused]

avisman -> RE: DownloadSecurity 6 w. ISA 2004, problems and errors (7.Nov.2004 10:48:00 PM)

Hi Ara,
No other AV software is installed;
- Win2003 Std
- IIS 6 Http & Smtp service
- ISA2004
- DSEC6
everything installed default options and paths

Ara.A -> RE: DownloadSecurity 6 w. ISA 2004, problems and errors (10.Dec.2004 10:20:00 PM)

Hello
Did you fix this? [Confused]

avisman -> RE: DownloadSecurity 6 w. ISA 2004, problems and errors (11.Dec.2004 9:59:00 AM)

Hi,

No, it's not fixed yet. Looks like we have a major here. Since my 1st post on nov 7th, i've been working with GFI support to fix it. I've tested three patches for them, no result yet.
We've narrowed it down to probable DCOM issue, and they have their developers working on it...

Makes me wonder, how many people are actually running W2003Std with ISA2004 and DSEC6 ?
Are you ? Any problems ? If not, what's your setup ?

Ara.A -> RE: DownloadSecurity 6 w. ISA 2004, problems and errors (11.Dec.2004 7:21:00 PM)

i had problem on first setup. Then I found out the only way to fix it is to uninstall, reboot and install again. Then in asks you during install that what is the admin account user and password and you have to provide proper answer. That way worked for me. [Big Grin]

kwhelan -> RE: DownloadSecurity 6 w. ISA 2004, problems and errors (13.Jan.2005 2:06:00 AM)

brand new install of isa 2004 and i was getting "Security scanning engine didn't scan object because of interuption:Invalid Pointer." crap as well

I uninstalled completely and will leave it for a rainy day or have to pay for something that works I Guess

Patrizia -> RE: DownloadSecurity 6 w. ISA 2004, problems and errors (24.Jan.2005 4:53:00 PM)

Hi,

Aldo's issue has been resolved by using a Domain User account with Local Administrator rights when installing DownloadSecurity. This is required for DownloadSecurity to function correctly.

Page: [1]