Warning Surf control V5 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons

kwhelan -> Warning Surf control V5 (10.Mar.2005 3:12:00 AM)

after weeks of dealing with surfcontrol gurus they have admitted the latest V5 supposedly isa2004 complient isn't.well not for firewall clients anyway.Not being fixed in next service pack ,I have been told approx 6 months till fixed,highly disappointing after paying hugh money for the product.
Strange behaviour where it logs some users and sites and not others,totally at random,traffic does not even register in the monitor.
Admins be wary
Buyers beware

ianfermo -> RE: Warning Surf control V5 (12.Mar.2005 2:22:00 PM)

Hi,

Nice warning! [Smile] . But anyway I don't use add ins in ISA Server. I used third party hardware filteing in front of my ISA Server for URL filtering.

Cheers,

jokan7 -> RE: Warning Surf control V5 (14.Mar.2005 9:32:00 PM)

We ran into this as well but only after we applied hot fix 2. Our work around was after we installed the Firewall client we configured the proxy settings in our domain global policy to point to our ISA then removed the users ability to change the proxy settings thus turning everyone into web proxy clients.

Works fine.

kwhelan -> RE: Warning Surf control V5 (15.Mar.2005 10:43:00 PM)

thanks Jokan
I had removed those forced proxie settings in AD after installing firewall client hoping it would stop users from disabling the client and getting out but if it fixes surf control then I will reinstate them

http://www.isaserver.org/articles/Review-SurfControl-Web-Filter-ISA-Server-2004.html

I find this article a bit ironic.
Starting to notice that some of the articles are appearing more like paid advertisements than unbiased and critical reviews

[ March 15, 2005, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: kwhelan ]

tshinder -> RE: Warning Surf control V5 (16.Mar.2005 3:28:00 AM)

Hi K,

I'm aware of the problem, but since I *always* recommend that clients are configured as both Web proxy and Firewall clients, I didn't run into those issues.

HTH,
Tom

kwhelan -> RE: Warning Surf control V5 (21.Mar.2005 4:55:00 AM)

Futher investigation has proved that enabling proxy with AD works for xp clients,You can disable completely the firewall client and Surfcontrol starts working,for some odd reason win2000 clients do not behave the same even with the same policies and proxy settings,No idea why either?there are some strange behaviours with win2000 clients and isa2004 but its very hard to prove as it seems almost random at times

Page: [1]