• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mcafee scanning problems with large files

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Mcafee scanning problems with large files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mcafee scanning problems with large files - 21.Mar.2005 9:50:00 AM   
After some research, I've come to the conclusion that Mcafee SecurityShield is the only available 3rd party addon for realtime virus scan in conjunction with Isa 2004. However, when trying to work with large files, whether it's FTP or HTTP, I receive time-outs. Is this a known issue with Mcafee?
  Post #: 1
RE: Mcafee scanning problems with large files - 25.Mar.2005 12:23:00 AM   
The service packs & hotfixes that are & where released by NAI. Should fix this problem and many more small miss haps.
example:
Solution ID KB40103 - Error: ISAFilter.DLL exception report, address is 77BD4750

The hard thing to do is get your hands on the actual files.
Nai support site.
https://mysupport.nai.com/login.asp

If you you find a way please let me know.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 2
RE: Mcafee scanning problems with large files - 27.Mar.2005 3:20:00 PM   
olawton

If you log onto https:/mysupport.nai.com/login.asp as long as you have registered your grant number for SecurityShield with the site you should see the two updates available:-

1) Patch 1 Repost
2) Hotfix HF215639

Applying them solved a lot of problems I was having with SecurityShield, it's working really well now

[ March 27, 2005, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Peter Lawton ]

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: Mcafee scanning problems with large files - 22.Jul.2005 3:20:00 PM   
Does anyone know the NAI url or anywhere else to get the SecurityShield patch and Hotfix. We are testing using the demo version from the NAI site. But looks like we need to patch it and see if it clears up the problem with streaming media we are having.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 4
RE: Mcafee scanning problems with large files - 15.Aug.2005 8:53:00 AM   
Firefox

Since we're on a corporate contract of our US head office, I do not have personal access to that Mysupport thingy.

I do have the grantnumber, but when logging into the GrantNumber download site (where I actually have downloaded this product, the groupshield install and it's patches) there is no referral at all about any Patch 1 or Hotfix.

Unfortunately the communication lines to the actual McAfee License manager are a bit long, so I've just been about 40 minutes on the phone, attempting to reach someone with McAfee to ...

... get disconnected! (and it's not the first time this happened to me when trying to get to Mc.support)

I may be a bit spoiled when it comes to support from software companies with Microsoft SA Support access and Veritas extended support contracts, but if this is the idea of Enterprise support by McAfee, I'm seriously gonna suggest here to didge SecShield and perhaps go for GFI

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 5
RE: Mcafee scanning problems with large files - 27.Sep.2005 11:02:00 PM   
Well thanx to some helpfull on the net I was able to locate the patch for Securityshield v1.0 which fixed all the major problems I was having. I didn't even need the grantnumber. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the complete url in this forum but if you know where to start the rest of the url is>> /products/PROTECTED/hotfix/SSH10PATCH1.zip

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Mcafee scanning problems with large files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts