• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Surfcontrol doesn't block restricted Firewall client traffic

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Surfcontrol doesn't block restricted Firewall client traffic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Surfcontrol doesn't block restricted Firewall client tr... - 3.May2005 4:51:00 PM   
PaulBark

I've just installed ISA 2004 with Surfcontrol v5.
All works fine.
When using IE (with a configured auto config script i.e. http://server:8080/array.dll?Get.Routing.Script) all works well and surfcontrol blocks restricted content. However, we user the firewall client on all our pc's. If you remove the auto config script from IE and allow the FW client to deal with the http traffic it allows you to browse any sites and SurfControl doesn't restrict access. It's an easy way for users to get round the content restrictions.
Has anyone else seen this?
Post #: 1
RE: Surfcontrol doesn't block restricted Firewall clien... - 4.May2005 4:04:00 AM   
joefromjersey200

First, if you can Surfcontrol tech support I'm sure they could resolve this for you. They are a great company who gives great support (unlike a lot of companies).
You can use the Firewall client with Surfcontrol and it filters. I don't, I use web proxy and secure NAT, but I tested it with the ISA client and it worked.

(in reply to PaulBark)
Post #: 2
RE: Surfcontrol doesn't block restricted Firewall clien... - 9.May2005 9:19:00 AM   
muntos

I seen this situation also.Didn't managed to resolve it.The only this that I could do it was to restrict via GPO access to LAN configuration in Internet Explorer.

(in reply to PaulBark)
Post #: 3
RE: Surfcontrol doesn't block restricted Firewall clien... - 9.May2005 9:35:00 AM   
muntos

Also read this http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=000149
I see that might bee some solutions.
Let us know if you resolve anything

(in reply to PaulBark)
Post #: 4
RE: Surfcontrol doesn't block restricted Firewall clien... - 26.May2005 9:25:00 PM   
Sunny.C

1.Force user's to use proxy.

Method 1
=Force users to use proxy don't make them secureNAT client.

Method 2
=Force users to use proxy & create a policy so users don't have access to the internet option
menu in your IE.

Hope it works for you.

(in reply to PaulBark)
Post #: 5
RE: Surfcontrol doesn't block restricted Firewall clien... - 3.Jul.2005 7:34:00 PM   
kwhelan

It was a bug in Surfcontrolv5 for the firewall client of isa 2004,They just released a patch last week for it. I had the same issues as you.Have installed the patch but havn't fully tested the function yet.My users were sometimes appearing and sometimes not.

(in reply to PaulBark)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Surfcontrol doesn't block restricted Firewall client traffic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts